Astia’s Expert Sift™, leverages the wisdom of a highly curated expert crowd made up of advisors within Astia’s global 5000+ community to source, screen and evaluate high-growth companies.
The process identifies best-in-class, investor ready opportunities, and then presents them to accredited investors. Over 60% of companies achieve funding or an exit within one year of presenting at Astia.
The Astia Six Step Company Engagement Process:
1. Personalized Referral: We don’t wait for the best companies to come to us and we know the value of the network. Astia advisors around the globe have their eyes open for high potential start-ups with inclusive founding teams.
2. Criteria Screen: Applicants must meet Astia’s criteria: Astia considers visionary companies at any growth stage beyond concept-only, within the sectors of high tech, life sciences, clean tech, consumer tech, and high-growth consumer products and services. At a minimum, startups must have at least one woman in a position of leadership, holding equity and significant influence.
3. Industry Screen: Experts with 15+ years industry experience review company materials and provide insight and feedback on the market opportunity.
4. Operations Screen: Corporate executives and serial venture-backed entrepreneurs screen applicant, providing critical operational and management feedback.
5. Investor Screen: Accredited investors, including Astia Angels, attend regular in-person presentations (Venture Lunch) of applicant companies in San Francisco, New York and London. Astia gathers feedback from investors.
6. Astia Executive Team Screen: Includes verification and update of company provided details, identification of community acceleration opportunities, review for potential conflicts of interest, advisee company mix, as well as analysis of potential inter-company synergies.
Astia Angels have visibility into the entire pipeline, and can invest in companies at any stage of the Expert Sift process.